Search This Blog

Thursday, March 22, 2012

most delicious kale (for dummies)

Ok, you might think I am crazy to compare Kale to cookie dough but hear me out here.  You know how when you are making a batch of cookies and you keep going back and snagging a bite of dough.. it's just so good, one taste won't do.  
Well, once I figured how to make Kale like this, super simple and the end result is delicious. I can eat about 1/2 a batch in a sitting.  And then keep grabbing a piece while cleaning up.  

There are 6 easy steps. No more.  You don't even need to add salt and pepper.  I suggest using stock.. either chicken or veggie.  I prefer chicken stock.. organic and low sodium.   It just comes out delicious. Now you could complicate it and add garlic, sauteing it with the olive oil step.. But I urge you to try it once, exactly as shown here, and you can always complicate it later, if you really must.  I love garlic, but this is perfection & at most 7 minutes work at best.
I am not even going to scratch the surface of how good kale and greens are for you.. I try to eat at least a dark leafy green at least 4-5 times a week.   Kale's risk-lowering benefits for cancer have recently been extended to at least five different types of cancer. These types include cancer of the bladder, breast, colon, ovary, and prostate. Isothiocyanates (ITCs) made from glucosinolates in kale play a primary role in achieving these risk-lowering benefits. Read more here.. wholefoods.org

Try it and let me know what you think! 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment