Chocolate Ganache Cupcakes
- 1/4 pound unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1 cup sugar
- 4 extra-large eggs, at room temperature
- 2 cups chocolate syrup (like Hershey's or make your own recipe here- super easy!)
- 1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour (I use coconut flour or Gluten-free all purpose)
For the ganache:
- ¼ cup heavy cream
- 4 ounces (½ cup) good chocolate, chopped (or chips)
- 1 teaspoon instant espresso
Preheat the oven to 325º F Line or grease muffin pan.
In a stand mixer, cream the butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add the eggs, 1 at a time. Mix in the chocolate syrup and vanilla. Add the flour and mix until just combined. (Do not overbeat)
Scoop the batter into the muffin cups (about 3/4 full) and bake for 30 minutes, or until just set in the middle. Don't overbake!!! Let the cupcakes cool thoroughly in the pan.
For the ganache, heat the heavy cream, chocolate chips, and instant coffee in the top of a double boiler over simmering water until smooth and warm, stirring occasionally.
Drop a spoonful of ganache on the top of each cupcake, swirl with back of spoon to cover.
Do not refrigerate.