Search This Blog

Sunday, August 22, 2010

Avocado & Balsamic : : Favorite things

This is how I know my 2 year old is mine genetically. I mean beside the fact of 10 hours of labor I endured which I remember all too well.  This is one of those things that seem to have been carried down.  She loves balsamic vinegar.  I have never seen a young child like vinegar.  And the combination of it with an avocado is one of her favorite things.  


1st time I had this, I died and went to heaven.  The juxtaposition of the creamy avocado and the syrupy tangy balsamic vinegar.. is just that to me. Heaven.  

Now you can fuss here and add a sprinkle of chopped red onion, tomato or whatever else you want.. and sometimes I do.  But more than not, this is it. Simplicity at it's best.  Fresh ingredients, good quality ingredients.  

So, here's what you do.. 
Cut avocado in half, removing pit. 
Pour good Balsamic vinegar into the vacant hole creating a dark little pool. 
Using a spoon.. scoop and eat.  
Delicious. 
Easy peasy!! 

and I must add.. I have impressed more people serving this at a dinner party.  Even though it's simple, it's one of the combinations that sky-rocket into amazing. Hope you try it. 


No comments:

Post a Comment